To: The current leadership of Mission Kwasizabantu – Erlo Stegen, Thofozi Dube, Ruth Combrinck, Detlef Stegen, Tobie Vermaak, Dietmar Joosten, Michael Ngubane, and others.
From: Peet Botha – and on behalf of others currently departed from Mission Kwasizabantu.
Several people have contacted me and asked to approach the leadership of Mission Kwasizabantu openly, “one last time” as they put it. So I am prayerfully reaching out via this open letter to the Mission’s leadership as well as ex-members of Mission Kwasizabantu. This letter has been e-mailed to the leadership at KSB and some ex-members of KSB as well.
Within the hearts of people there lives a hope that we will be able to find a solution to the division at Mission Kwasizabantu, if we can sit and talk openly with one another. It is clear from what has been said in the news media, that we are finding ourselves at a turning point for the worse scenario and unless a major effort is made, no turning around will be possible.
I suggest that we approach this matter with the urgency it deserves. This is my proposal below:
- An open meeting is arranged for Saturday 2 November and Sunday 3 November 2019 at a neutral venue to be decided;
- The agenda for the meeting is simply open;
- That two people from the Mission’s leadership and two people from the ex-member group are tasked to arrange the meeting;
- That a neutral chairman and vice-chairman be tasked to assist us all to speak openly, unrestricted and free of any intimidation;
- That ample notice is given to all to attend if they wish to do so;
- Everyone will be given an opportunity to speak who desires to speak as is possible within the time limit;
I appeal to the leadership of Mission Kwasizabantu not to trivialize this request and to agree with this request promptly so that such a meeting may be arranged.
Yours in Christ
Dr Peet H Botha