To the Leadership and Coworkers of Mission Kwasizabantu.
Saturday 16 March 2019
My dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I have been with you and among you for 32 years. I know you well. I am writing this letter to you in all humbleness, praying that you would consider it prayerfully. I have tried to speak to you for many a time but you would not. Now I am pleading openly for someone else and the sake of KSB. Listen to me please!
With reference to the court case of Daan van Tonder I would like to plead with you to reconsider what you are doing. I am moved to do this because of Galatians 6:1-2: 1Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. 2Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.(NASB)
In our context, the court case against Daan, is out of place for who we are in Christ Jesus. You all know that similar and much worse cases have been treated differently in the light of the above Scripture in the past at KSB and never were such cases brought before secular courts. Then why are you doing this now brethren? Brethren, have you been deceived by Satan to forgo the Word of God? Have your hearts being filled with malice, wickedness, and malevolence to the point that you can’t abide in the Spirit and the Word any longer? Is there then no God at KSB?
You have increasingly hardened your hearts at the voices admonishing you. You have increasingly chosen to follow the ways of the world over and against the Word of God. More and more you exhibit signs that you are losing your first love, tolerating persons filled with the spirit of Jezebel and tolerating also those who are living in sin.
The court case and subsequent exposure to the media and TV and looming possible involvements by SARS and the HAWKS will destroy KSB. I earnestly advise you:
- I am prepared to withdraw all my writings, if you as KSB will withdraw the court case against Daan;
- Together we submit to an independent Christian Legal and Spiritual Counsel to investigate and report on all matters currently at hand;
- Together we undertake to implement and abide by all remedial measures put forth by such counsel;
- We undertake to have this process done at a venue where openness and transparency is guaranteed;
- We all undertake to humble ourselves before the church of God, to confess our sins and wrongs as revealed, to forsake our sins, to plead forgiveness, make restitution and live repentant lives.
I plead with you brethren; let us seek a way forward in which God’s church and work is protected.
Dr Peet Botha